The transformational power inherent in the simple act of breathing is truly remarkable. With Breathing Meditations, join seven Sounds True authors for a series of simple guided practices that can open you to the many benefits of breathwork—from a deeper sense of presence and serenity in the moment, to revitalized health and ease of being, to creative insight and higher perspective, and more.
Stream or download Breathing Meditations here at no cost!
1. “Breathing Meditation” by Jack Kornfield from Meditation for Beginners
Learn the art of following the breath, a foundational skill for all meditators, with Jack Kornfield, co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society.
2. “The Relaxing Breath” by Andrew Weil, MD from Breathing: The Master Key to Self-Healing
Dr. Andrew Weil gives us a potent practice for activating the body’s relaxation response and returning to balance after stressful situations.
3. “Breath Meditation” by Sharon Salzberg from Guided Meditations for Love and Wisdom
A mindful breathing practice that helps us open the heart and experience compassion for ourselves and others.
4. “Soft Belly” by James Gordon, MD from Freedom from Depression
Harvard-educated psychiatrist Dr. James Gordon presents a guided exercise for liberating stuck energy in the body.
5. “Observing the Breath” by Shinzen Young from Meditation: A Beginner’s Guide
An introductory meditation inviting us to discover what can happen through full and complete attention to the breath.
6. “The Power Breath” by Mark Thornton from Meditation in a New York Minute
Executive meditation coach Mark Thornton teaches us a stress-reducing practice that both relaxes and reenergizes the body.
7. “Meditation on the Breath” by Sally Kempton from Beginning Meditation
A guided meditation in which our breath becomes the doorway to the depths of the self.